Weber Gallagher, a leading law firm in the Mid-Atlantic Region with 120 lawyers in 9 offices, is currently seeking a Marketing Manager to support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position will be responsible for formulating strategic business development and marketing initiatives and managing day-to-day business development and marketing activities for the firm. This position interfaces with all levels of the firm, the practice groups, office management and clients. High energy level and flexibility will be required in order to manage a busy workload.
This position will work closely with lawyers, business operations, and the marketing team across offices in planning, coordinating and directing related business development and marketing activities. The Manager will have access to necessary resources and will be responsible for the management of a small team.
Candidates must have strong writing skills, be self-motivated, committed to excellence in the workplace, and have exceptional attention to detail. Intellectual curiosity and high levels of judgment, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative are also needed. The ability to effectively and proactively contribute at a high level, influence outcomes, and achieve strategic plan objectives is essential.
- Develops and executes on strategic marketing plans
- Manages internal and external resources in the execution of marketing activities, including the development of pitches, presentations, RFP responses, practice descriptions, brochures, and attorney biographies; development of award submissions; development of focused thought leadership activities; and planning client relationship events
- Manages marketing assistant(s) and coordinator(s); monitors work quality and workload, provides direction and training, and assists in career development
- Develops and manages implementation of the firms digital marketing strategy
- Develops speaking and authorship opportunities with professional and trade organizations
- Identifies strategic industry conferences and events, and develops plans to maximize the firm’s presence there. Serves as the primary liaison for promotional efforts through trade associations and key industry events
- Performs analysis of competitors and their service offerings
- Works with partners to coordinate and develop assessments of emerging industry trends and issues to provide insight on service offerings
- Drafts press releases and maintains relationships with key media contacts
- Drafts internal communications, as necessary
- Collaborates with Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operation Officer and D&I Committee to execute on market-leading diversity and inclusion initiatives within the firm
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Law firm or professional services experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experiences in marketing, communications, business and practice development, or a related field including experience creating and preparing marketing collateral, pitch proposals, presentations, RFP responses and award submissions and experience managing people and projects
- Design skills not required but strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of leadership, supervisory or management experience
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape challenging mid-sized law firms with substantial litigation practices is a significant benefit
- Familiarity with Insurance or Workers Compensation industry is a benefit
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic business plans
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work effectively with differing opinions and diverse personalities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write business correspondence
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications and possesses excellent writing skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Strong leadership, organizational, team building skills
- Strong commitment to excellent client service
- Ability to work independently as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment
This position can be resident in the firm’s Philadelphia, Bedminster, or Pittsburgh offices but will begin remotely until offices reopen.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Jobs@wglaw.com.