Weber Gallagher defends employers in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, and New Jersey in workers’ compensation matters in union and non-union settings. We also routinely recover subrogation liens, institute fraud prosecutions, prepare and file amicus briefs and assist with legislative lobbying. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized the firm’s Workers’ Compensation practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey in 2019. Our clients include public and private employers, insurers, self-insured entities and third-party administrators, from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. We appear before workers’ compensation judges and appellate panels, state courts and agencies, and at all federal court levels. Our work in the field includes:
- Counseling clients on managing risk and averting litigation
- Assisting with the design and implementation of return-to-work programs
- Helping coordinate workers’ compensation policies for multistate businesses
- Handling matters related to the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Merchant Marine Act (the Jones Act), and Mine Safety and Health Administration
Our Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Group attorneys have been closely following the Protz v WCAB (Derry Area School District) ruling and how it will affect employers. The unexpected decision by the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court held that Impairment Rating Evaluations (IRE) are unconstitutional if they were performed using any edition of the AMA Guides of Permanent Impairment beyond the 4th Edition. Click here to review our detailed materials about this decision.
- 01.19.22Speaker, "Back to Basics: The Fundamental Building Blocks for a Strong Workers' Compensation Practice,: NJICLE
- 12.15.21Moderator, "Workers' Compensation Bench Bar Conference," New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting
- 11.18.21Speaker, " Two Sides to the Coin: The Petitioner’s Side of Things"
- 08.20.21Panelist, "What Constitutes a Reasonable Investigation?," Philadelphia Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Compliance Crusher
- 06.24.21Speaker, " It Is Time to Revisit Medicare Set-Asides"
- 06.01.21Presenter, "Concurrent Jurisdiction Dilemma: PA versus NJ"
- 05.21.21Moderator, "Workers' Compensation Bench Bar Conference," New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting
- 05.11.21Speaker, "Strategic Partnerships: An Approach to Avoid, Control and Win in Workers’ Compensation Litigation"
- 04.15.21Speaker, "Workers' Compensation Bench and Bar Best Practices"
- 03.02.21Speaker, "The COVID-19 Vaccine: Implications for Employers and Workers’ Compensation Claims Webinar", Central Jersey Claims Association
- 02.18.21The COVID-19 Vaccine: Implications for Employers and Workers’ Compensation Claims Webinar
- 12.07.20Moderator, "Workers' Compensation Bench Bar Conference"
- 08.21.20Panelist, "CLE: Workers' Compensation Compliance Crusher," Philadelphia Bar Association
- 06.04.19Panelist, "Health Information Privacy: Is Your Medical Information Protected?" Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry's 18th Annual Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Conference, Hershey, PA
- 05.28.19Presenter, IRE Analysis: Practice and Procedure, Moorestown, NJ
- 05.03.19Speaker, 8th Annual Educational Seminar for Commissioners, Municipal Personnel, Rick Managers and Vendor Personnel
- 04.29.19Presenter: "Assessing Wearables: Considerations Beyond Technology", 2019 RIMS Annual Conference, Boston
- 04.18.19Presenter, Legal Update on Workers' Compensation Claims Process for the South Jersey Claims Association
- 04.04.19Presenter: Legislative Update, Bel Air, Maryland
- 03.19.19Speaker, Managing the Undocumented Injured Worker, Magee Rehabilitation's Annual Workers' Compensation Seminar
- 03.05.19Keynote Speaker, Harrisburg Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn
- 04.19.18Presenter, “Workers’ Compensation: Critical Essentials from Both Sides of the Aisle,” National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA
- 03.07.18Presenter, “Insight on Claim Valuations for Mediations,” Post & Schell, P.C. Seminar, Bentonville, AR
- 06.03.13Presenter, "Recent Legal Developments," 2013 ACBA Workers’ Compensation Section Annual Meeting CLE, Pittsburgh, PA