Weber Gallagher and its attorneys are frequently honored by both legal, public and private organizations and groups. We have numerous award-winning attorneys who are recognized for their legal excellence, the donation of their time through pro bono work or service to others in the community.
Below are just a few of the awards and listings we are proud to have received in recent years.
- Weber Gallagher's Workers’ Compensation Group was named "Law Firm of the Year" by U.S. News - Best Lawyers. The firm also achieved high rankings nationally and in metropolitan areas. Weber Gallagher was nationally placed in tier two law firms for Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, and in tier three for Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants. The firm’s Workers’ Compensation Group - Employers was ranked in tier one law firms for Philadelphia, New Jersey and Pittsburgh. In Philadelphia, the firm’s Product Liability and Litigation Group - Defendants was ranked in tier two. The firm’s Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants Group was placed in tier two in Pittsburgh.
- Paul M. Fires, Managing Partner of the firm, was named Best Lawyers’® 2014 Philadelphia Workers' Compensation Law - Employers "Lawyer of the Year." Peter J. Weber was also honored as “Lawyer of the Year” in 2012. Nine other attorneys in the firm were also recognized by Best Lawyers’® 2014. In the Philadelphia office, Joseph Goldberg was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers’ ® for personal injury litigation – defendants and product liability litigation - defendants; Peter J. Weber for workers’ compensation – employers. In the Mount Laurel, NJ, office Jeffrey D. Newby was selected for inclusion for workers’ compensation law – employers. In the Pittsburgh office, Paula Koczan was selected for medical malpractice law – defendants; David J. Rosenberg for insurance law; and Carl J. Smith, Jr., for workers’ compensation law – employers. In Warren, NJ, attorneys selected for inclusion were Richard D. Arnold, workers’ compensation law – employers and Jane S. Kelsey, medical malpractice law – plaintiffs.
- In 2017, Lynne Gold-Bikin was named a Trailblazer in Divorce, Trust and Estates by the National Law Journal. This honor represents the accomplishments and changes Lynne has made in family law in the past 40 years. Lynne was also honored on April 19 at a luncheon at Albright College, her alma mater. Lynne donated her amazing marriage certificate collection to the college.
- Partners Paul M. Fires, David G. Greene, Jeffrey D. Newby, Mark S. Setaro, Carl J. Smith, Jr., Kurt C. Walsh, Stephen Potako, Christian Davis and Peter J. Weber were inducted as fellows of the College of Workers Compensation Lawyers. The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers honors those attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their practice in the field of workers' compensation.
- Partner Christian A. Davis has been certified as Specialists in the Practice of Workers' Compensation Law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Section on Workers' Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Davis is among a small group of lawyers that participated in the bar association's first exam for this certification. Partners Richard D. Arnold, Jeffrey D. Newby and Mark S. Setaro have been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Workers’ Compensation Law Attorneys. Richard S. Ranieri has been nationally certified as a civil trial attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court.